Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement
The exhaust manifold gasket is the thin layer of metal that is between the exhaust manifold and the engine. This thin layer of metal is there to seal this connection and to prevent leaks and secure pressure.
Why does it wear?
As with most parts of your vehicle, due to time, a gasket can start to wear down and leak. Due to the high heats that the exhaust manifold can reach, this part is very vulernarble to the effects, and can heavily wear down.
How can I tell?
There are a few key ways to tell if your exhaust manifold gasket if deteriorating:
- If your 'Check Engine' light is on.
- If your vehicle isn't revving with ease as ti should, but it more clunky.
- If there is a dirt build up around the exhaust manifold.
- If your engine is louder or making more noise than usual.
- If you can hear a ticking noise in the engine.
What should it do?
If you are experiencing any of the above problems, then you should get your exhaust manifold checked. It will also say in your vehicles handbook the guidelines of when an exhaust manifold gasket should be replaced. Our team of friendly and experienced mechanics would be happy to take a look for you, just give them a call.